River City, San Antone, Alamo City. Whatever name you call it by, San Antonio is one of the top destinations in the state of Texas. For that matter, it’s one heck of a place to visit no matter which state you’re traveling from! Have a conference, school trip, or vacation trip to plan? Here’s why San Antonio is worthy of being your destination:
San Antonio plays host to an array of historical sites and landmarks, including:
- Spanish missions – outposts built by Catholic missionaries during the 17th, 18th, and 19th centuries.
- The Alamo – one of the most famous Spanish missions, The Alamo played a key role in the Texas Revolution.
- The River Walk – a network of pathways and sidewalks along the banks of the San Antonio River, The River Walk is lined with restaurants, bars, and retail shops.
San Antonio isn’t all about Spanish missions and battle sites. You won’t want to miss:
- Six Flags Fiesta Texas – a theme park with six different themed areas, including Los Festivales, Spassburg, Crackaxle Canyon, Fiesta Bay Boardwalk, Rockville, and KIDZOPOLIS.
- SeaWorld San Antonio – a 250-acre animal theme park, oceanarium, and marine mammal park, SeaWorld San Antonio is the largest of the three SeaWorld parks (the others are in Orlando, FL and San Diego, CA).
- Morgan’s Wonderland – a theme park designed especially for children with special needs – complete with a carousel, miniature train, and sandy play area.
It doesn’t matter if your sporting interest includes real cowboy spurs or is just named after ‘em. San Antonio has both:
- San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo – it’s one of the largest rodeos and livestock shows in the country and draws crowds over over 1 million attendees.
- San Antonio Spurs – a professional basketball team in the Southwest Division of the Western Conference, the Spurs are four-time NBA champs.
Ready to head to San Antonio? Make sure your transportation is cost-efficient and reliable! Check out The BusBank’s professional Charter Bus Rentals and you’ll be set for your San Antonio adventure.