NASA Space Field Trip!
By Brandon Dudley June 20, 2011
There are few things that will astound your students more than a trip to NASA. Besides offering free year-round field trips, the NASA Glenn Visitor Center will give your students the opportunity to learn about a variety of space related topics, including: the personal lives of astronauts, the inter-workings of the solar system, the International Space Station, and much, much more!
Here’s why a trip to NASA definitely needs to be on your list for this year’s field trips:
- The Visitor Center auditorium offers plenty of interactive presentations. Who needs boring lectures, anyways?
- There’s a scavenger hunt. Field trip groups of all sizes have the option of participating in a scavenger hunt throughout the exhibit area! Just make sure to plan this ahead of time so that the Visitor Center is prepared.
- NASA provides teaching material for students and teachers alike. There’s handouts for the kids and supplemental lessons for instructors.
- Specialized programs are available for various grade levels and age groups.
- Kindergarten – 2nd Grade: “Living in Space”. Kids learn the basics of day-today astronaut life.
- 3rd Grade – 4th Grade: “Planets”. Students are introduced to the solar system and learn about the differences and distanced between the planets.
- 5th Grade – 6th Grade: “Principles of Flight”. Upper elementary grades learn about airplane flight through models and flight exhibits.
- 7th Grade – 12th Grade: “International Space Station”. Middle and high school students learn about life on the space station as well as the findings of space station astronauts.
Don’t let travel stress get you down! Charter Bus Rentals are the the most cost-efficient and professional way to travel. Contact an account executive to plan your NASA travel itinerary according to your group’s specific needs.