California is commonly called the Land of Milk and Honey, El Dorado State, Grape Sate, and Golden State. With so many different names, it is no wonder that California is a fantastic place to travel, host a wedding, or plan a corporate retreat. Amazing vineyards, the Hollywood Walk of Fame, national parks, and an incredible coastline are just some of the reasons that hundreds of thousands of tourists flock to the state each year. In order to help you plan your next trip to one or more California destinations, The BusBank has gathered together a list of fun state facts and popular travel destinations.
It’s estimated to take 15 hours to drive Interstate 5 800 miles from the Oregon border to the Mexico border, provided you don’t stop to check out little towns or the big metro areas like Sacramento, San Diego, Los Angeles or San Francisco. The state was explored by Europeans as early as the 1500s. A Spanish mission was established here in 1769 and it became a U.S. Territory in 1847.
Today, the state, including all the alleged sub-states, is known for everything from agriculture and wine to tourism and high-tech innovation. The population is definitely dense in spots, but most residents enjoy being here – there are stellar sunsets, open spaces, and a generally warmer climate.
Claims to fame include the lowest point in the continental U.S., Death Valley, 282 feet below sea level, and the highest point, Mt. Whitney, 14,491 feet. There are 18 national parks, including Yosemite.
Fun Facts and Top Bus Travel Destinations in California
Whether you are a resident or an avid traveler who is interested in learning more about popular California destinations, The BusBank is here to help. Read on to discover fun facts and popular California places to visit. No matter what you are interested in, we are here to make sure that you have a worry-free, comfortable, and enjoyable bus trip to and from your destination of choice.
- Pacific Park, located on the infamous Santa Monica Pier, is designed to recreate the amusement parks that used to cover the Pacific Coast. There are a total of 11 amusement rides, including a 1910 hand-carved merry-go-round, that are sure to make visitors of all ages smile with joy.
- California is the home of two of the most populous cities: San Diego and Los Angeles.
- The giant redwoods in Sequoia National Park are more than 2,000 years old. In fact, the redwoods is the official state tree.
- California is home to beautiful vineyards that help to produce more than 17 million gallons of wine each year. Throughout the state there are a total of 300,000 tons of grapes that are grown each year.
The largest three-day rodeo in the United States is held at the Tehama County Fairgrounds in Red Bluff, California.
California offers a wide-variety of amazing destinations that are perfect for both children and adults. The BusBank specializes in helping customers plan the travel arrangements for their next event or trip. Our extensive knowledge of the best California destinations, as well as traffic patterns, scenic roads to drive, and state information help us to provide you with a comfortable, reliable, and enjoyable trips throughout California.
- Disneyland Resort: Disneyland is located in Anaheim California. It is a fantastic family destination that is home to a popular amusement park, which houses all sorts of rides, shows, restaurants, games, and hotels. The BusBank offers shuttle transportation to and from the resort, as well as California bus tours that can include a stop at the Disneyland Resort.
- Death Valley: Death Valley is a beautiful desert that offers visitors a chance to view salt fields, sand dunes, mountains, and a lake that resides below sea level. The BusBank can transport you through the park and even accommodate stops at the short hiking trails or lookouts.
- Big Sur: Big Sur State Park is a picturesque stretch of the California coastline. As you sit-back and relax on your tour bus, be sure to keep your camera out; you won’t want to miss the chance of capturing some of California’s most beautiful views.
- San Francisco, Golden Gate Bridge, and Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks: San Francisco is an iconic California destination; it is known for delicious restaurants, historical sites, the San Francisco bay, and the Golden Gate Bridge. The Golden Gate Bridge is one of the most famous California attractions. Visitors can walk, bike, drive, or ride in a bus across of the bridge. Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks are known for their dramatic landscapes and giant redwood trees.
Travel Groups that Can Benefit from The BusBank California Charter Bus Service(s)
The BusBank’s California charter bus account executives are ready to help you plan your next trip to, from, and around the Golden State.
- Corporate Transportation: Whether you are interested in visiting multiple CA destinations or simply traveling to one corporate outing, The BusBank has the bus transportation solution that will best fit your travel needs. We offer travel accommodations for multi-destination outings, daily employee shuttle services, and hotel, airport, or event transportation. With a perfectly planned itinerary, your CA corporate retreat is sure to go off without a hitch.
- Sports Team Travel: The BusBank has worked with the: NFL, NHL, NBA, MLB, NPSL, NCAA, and various local leagues across North America. Our travel solutions for professional sports teams feature: luxurious and secure tour buses, tinted windows, locked storage units, and various catering options.
- Educational Travel and Field Trips: The BusBank provides convenient, reliable, and comfortable travel bus solutions for school trips to any California destination. Our number one goal is to make sure that students arrive on-time, and have an enjoyable bus trip to their destination. The BusBank offers school bus rentals for day field trips, tour buses, and sleeper coaches for longer school trips.
- Weddings and Family Outings: Each month we exceed the expectations of hundreds of families. Our drivers are specially prepped to help make your wedding day as stress free as possible, as you and your bridal party travel to and from hotels, airports, and the wedding venue.
Did you have another group travel opportunity in mind? If so, simply contact The BusBank with your custom charter request. Whether you need an executive coach, deluxe motor coach, sleeper coach, mini-bus, school bus, or even a trolley, The BusBank can provide you with the perfect California bus charter solutions.