Pennsylvania is one of the thirteen original founding states of the United States of America. Since the moment that Pennsylvania joined the U.S., it has been at the center of a number of historical moments. If you are planning a trip back in time to the battle of Gettysburg or the site of the Liberty Bell, then look no further than The BusBank for all of your travel needs. The BusBank offers luxury motor coaches
, charter buses, and tour bus options for any length or type of trip. We invite you to learn more about Pennsylvania, before you set out to explore this fantastic state!
Fun Facts and Top Travel Destinations in Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania is known for being a beautiful state with spectacular scenery, populous cities, and numerous historic sites. Read on to discover just a few of the fun facts that you will encounter on your next trip to PA.
- Hershey, PA is the Chocolate Capital of U.S.
- The nation’s first daily newspaper, the Pennsylvania Packet and Daily Advertiser went into publication on September 21, 1784.
- The first American flag was made in Philadelphia by Betsy Ross.
- In June 1778, a 700 wagon caravan escorted the Liberty Bell on its return to Philadelphia.
- The famous actor Jimmy Stewart was born and raised in Indiana, PA. Every Christmas the downtown area is decorated in the style of It’s A Wonderful Life.
As you begin to prepare for a day trip or a longer tour, we invite you to consider visiting a few of the following destinations. With transportation taken care of, The BusBank helps you to see all that PA has to offer its residents and visitors.
- Liberty Bell and Independence National Historic Park, Philadelphia, PA: The BusBank has transported thousands of tour groups and school trips to the site of the Liberty Bell. In this area you will also see where the Declaration of Independence was signed, as well as Congress Hall, Old City Hall, and Carpenter’s Hall.
- Hershey Park, Hershey, PA: Hershey Park has over 90 acres of rides, entertaining shows, and aquatic adventures. Did we mention that the town is also famous for its chocolate attractions? Hershey Park is a must-see destination for any PA bus tour.
- Eastern State Penitentiary, PA: It used to be one of the leading high tech prisons in the U.S. In fact, Eastern State Penitentiary used to be home to the infamous Al Capone and Willie Sutton.
- Strasburg, PA: This small town is located in Lancaster County. It is known for having an incredibly rich railroad history, as well as an Amish culture. A visit to Strasburg is perfect for school field trips, outside of the box corporate retreats, or a bus tour stop for PA tourists.
- Gettysburg National Military Park, Gettysburg, PA: This is the historic site of the 1863 Gettysburg Battle. During the Civil War battle an estimated 51,000 people lost their lives in a three day period. This historic ground represents a defining moment in U.S. history.
Travel Groups that Can Benefit from The BusBank Pennsylvania Charter Bus Service(s)
The BusBank’s Pennsylvania charter bus account executives are ready to help you plan your next trip to, from, and around the great state of PA.
- Corporate Transportation: Whether you are interested in visiting multiple PA destinations or simply traveling to one corporate outing, The BusBank has the bus transportation solution that will best fit your travel needs. We offer travel accommodations for multi-destination outings, daily employee shuttle services, and hotel, airport, or event transportation. With a perfectly planned itinerary, your PA corporate retreat is sure to go off without a hitch.
- Sports Team Travel: The BusBank has worked with the: NFL, NHL, NBA, MLB, NPSL, NCAA, and various local leagues across North America. Our travel solutions for professional sports teams feature: luxurious and secure tour buses, tinted windows, locked storage units, and various catering options.
- Educational Travel and Field Trips: The BusBank provides convenient, reliable, and comfortable travel bus solutions for school trips to any Pennsylvania destination. Our number one goal is to make sure that students arrive on-time, and have an enjoyable bus trip to their destination. The BusBank offers school bus rentals for day field trips, tour buses, and sleeper coaches for longer school trips.
- Weddings and Family Outings: Each month we exceed the expectations of hundreds of families. Our drivers are specially prepped to help make your wedding day as stress free as possible, as you and your bridal party travel to and from hotels, airports, and the wedding venue.
Did you have another group travel opportunity in mind? If so, simply contact The BusBank with your custom charter request. Whether you need an executive coach, deluxe motor coach, sleeper coach, mini-bus, school bus, or even a trolley, The BusBank can provide you with the perfect Pennsylvania bus charter solutions.