Visiting the Twin Cities
The Twin Cities. There’s something special about the Midwest and there’s no better way to experience northern Midwest culture than by visiting Minneapolis and Saint Paul. Wondering what in the world is so special about these two cities? Here’s ten reasons why they’re worth checking out:
- Mall of America. It’s huge. Plus it’s got an amusement park, an aquarium, tons of restaurants, and plenty of stores.
- Minnehaha Falls. 53 feet of gorgeous falling water. Perfect for a relaxing picnic.
- The Sculpture Garden. A quirky sculpture garden featuring modern art (including the famous Spoonbridge and Cherry sculptures).
- Grand Avenue. It’s one of Saint Paul’s best streets. Unique coffee shops (such as Cafe Latte), eccentric shops, and fabulous restaurants abound.
- Midtown Global Market. It’s an indoor haven of ethnic foods. A mouth-watering and anti-fine-dining experience.
- The Weismann Art Museum. Gorgeous galleries, provoking architecture (the outside of the museum looks like an entangled mesh of smashed cans), and breathtaking views of the Mississippi make the Weismann a must.
- Ordway Music Theatre. Broadway shows, concerts, opera. You name it and Ordway’s got it.
- Figlio’s Restaurant. Sensational Italian in funky uptown Minneapolis.
- The Basilica of St. Mary. It’s the oldest Basilica in the United States and features an architecturally stunning 200-foot dome.
- First Avenue and 7th Street Entry. Music lovers must head to First Avenue and 7th Street (Prince featured it in Purple Rain). This spot is the hub of the Minneapolis music scene.
See? A trip to the Twin Cities is worth it. Now you just gotta make it happen. Group transportation is a cinch when you use The BusBank’s Charter Bus Rentals. Contact an account executive to plan your trip.