Presidential Inauguration Travel Tips
If you are looking to head to Washington D.C. for the Presidential Inauguration, you need to get on it soon. Every four years, the presidential inauguration weekend is one of the busiest around the Washington Dc area.
The BusBank has taken thousands of people from across the country to presidential inaugurations and even more customers to Washington, DC and wanted to share some tips for your group.
- Book Your Hotel Room Early – Hotel rooms in DC book up fast for the Inauguration weekend, therefore you need to book your rooms ASAP. We can assist you with group hotel rooms if you want to ease some burden on yourself for looking for great rates from national chains. Remember, to ask the hotel if they have bus driver discounted rooms and bus parking!
- Avoid sitting in DC Area traffic by taking the Metro from suburban areas into the area. They also have inauguration commemorative cards that can be bought in advance online.
- Dress for the Weather! It is typically very cold during the inauguration and be prepared for the conditions. President Harrison actually died from the Pneumonia in the weeks following his inauguration.
- Don’t bring these items as they’re not allowed: Baby Carriages, backpacks, tents or strollers are some items to not bring
- Last but not least have Fun! Presidential Inaugurations only come around every four years and you are taking part in a unique part of American History.
The BusBank is proud to be the leader in group and event transportation and look forward to bringing many visitors to Washington, Dc. as part of their inauguration travel. This year for the inauguration, if your group is looking for a way to get everyone to the event, don’t hesitate to Get a Quote today!