BusBank – Montreal Jazz Festival 2011
Calling all fans of Brian Setzer, Angélique Kidjo, Bob Walsh, Diana Krall, Bruce Cockburn, Caravan Palace, and Charlie Hunter! Have you planned your summer trips yet? If not, then you’ll definitely want to schedule an excursion to the Montreal Jazz Festival. Not sure who Setzer is or why a jazz festival is worth your consideration? Read on.
- Having been an annual summer event since 1980, the Montreal Jazz Festival is celebrating it’s 31st year. The 2011 dates for the festival are June 28th through July 9th.
- The Montreal Jazz festival is considered the largest and best of its kind. Over 3,000 artists perform in over 500 shows at the festival. Approximately 350 of the 500 plus shows are absolutely free of charge.
- Although it’s called a “jazz” festival, the event boasts a wide variety of music genres, including blues, swing, cabaret, reggae, salsa, bebop, and jazz-rock fusion.
- The festival is known for providing superior and sanitary facilities. Each year, Montreal closes down a four-block radius around the Place des Artes. Several different types of stages are present (indoor, outdoor, large scale, and nightclub style) and an array of dining and accommodation options are also available.
- Jazz legends such as Dizzy Gillespie, Herbie Hancock, and Ella Fitzgerald have all participated in the Montreal Jazz Festival. Last year, Brian Setzer, a remarkable jazz guitarists, returned to the festival with the dynamic Brian Setzer Orchestra.
- Tickets to the festival are available online or at the Place des Artes.
Ready to go? Group transportation to the Montreal Jazz Festival is easy. Just contact The BusBank to learn how Charter Bus Rentals can get you to Montreal and back!