You’ve made it. The kids are out of the house and suddenly your vacation plans aren’t dependent upon scoring the best DisneyWorld tickets or finding the ski resort with the most snowboarding competitions. Now that you’re an empty-nester you can call the shots when it comes to vacations and getaways.
Wondering where to go after years of kid-friendly vacations? Check out these hot spots for couples and empty-nesters!
* Stone Mountain Lodge and Cabins – Stone Mountain, Colorado. Gorgeous mountain landscapes showcase breathtaking views. Cozy and picturesque cabins provide intimate getaways. Contact Stone Mountain Lodge to ask about special Romance Packages.
* Savannah, Georgia. They don’t call it “southern charm” for nothing. History, character, and romance can all be found in heavenly Savannah. Be sure to check out the gorgeous southern mansions and the lovely Tybee Island.
* Homewood Mountain Resort – Lake Tahoe, California. Homewood Mountain Resort is known for attracting empty-nesters and retirees (no collegiate ski bunnies dominating the slopes here). Not sure about your downhill talent? There are ski lessons for all ability levels, plus ice skating rinks and hiking trails.
* San Francisco, California. It’s tough choosing just one resort to hilight amid San Fran’s plethora of charming resorts. Spectacular restaurants abound and walking, cycling, kayaking, and sailing are all available.
* Branson, Missouri. There are 50 live performance venues, 12 championship golf courses, 3 lakes, dozens of museums, plenty of shopping, and a historic downtown area. And you won’t want to miss the Hollywood wax museum and the Titanic museum.
Ready to get away? Gather a group of friends or coworkers and choose your destination. Then, contact an account executive at The BusBank to learn how Charter Bus Rentals can enhance your spring break vacation. Happy travels!