Arlington, VA – Trips to the Capital
Planning a trip to the U.S. Capital? Looking for accommodations and dining in Washington, D.C. can be challenging, especially if you are looking for a place that isn’t crowded or overpriced. Instead, consider checking out D.C.’s western neighbor – Arlington, Virginia. Take a look at these top reasons to head to Arlington (whether it’s on your way to D.C. or not!):
- Arlington is located on the west bank of the Potomac River – just across from the capital and in close proximity to numerous government and business buildings.
- The Pentagon (otherwise known as the official headquarters for the United States Department of Defense) is in Arlington.
- Because it is located close to the capital (and thus close to international commerce), Arlington is a melting pot of hundreds of nationalities and features a wide range of culture, cuisine, and languages spoken. Additionally, Arlington is known for its vast array of boutiques, five-star restaurants, and over 40 different hotel options.
- It is home to Arlington House – the former home of and current memorial to Robert E. Lee. The Arlington National Cemetery is located next to the house and includes President John F. Kennedy’s grave. The grave features The Eternal Flame, a memorial with a perpetually burning torch, and is a top tourist destination.
- Arlington is just a short drive from numerous D.C. attractions, including the Lincoln Memorial, the Smithsonian, the Washington Monument, the Supreme Court, the White House, the National Mall, and the John F. Kennedy Center for the Preforming Arts.
Keep your transportation to Arlington cost-efficient and simple. The BusBank’s professional account executives can help you plan your trip according to your group’s specific needs. With Charter Bus Rentals, your trip to Arlington will be hassle-free!