Working on sports travel and sports event transportation can be hard work. The team at The BusBank understands this and has worked to make it easy for customers. Just over a month ago, our staff did work at the Men’s Us Open Golf Championships where our skills were tested on handling sports event transportation. The weather didn’t help things out with buckets of rain but our team made the transportation the easy part of the event.
Recently, our Director of Sales Andrew Ripani was interviewed along with Leslie Wurzberger, Vice President of Event service for Anthony Travel by Sports Events Magazine about” 5 Ways to Stay on Track With Transportation.” Both of provided some insight into their past experiences and how to make your sports events go better.
Here is an excerpt of some of the Top Tips for Sports Events Transportation
- Before you choose a transportation management company, request a picture or set up a time to look at the bus or buses you will be using. Make sure you know exactly what you’re getting.
- Check out all vehicle options; don’t assume you know what you need. Many mid-sized coaches can hold up to 35 people and still have the amenities of a full-sized coach. If you’re on a tight budget, a smaller bus might mean money saved.
- Ask the transportation management company to install GPS trackers on the buses you will be using.
- Place clear signage at each pickup location so riders know they are at the correct location and where they are going. Also, if possible, have onsite management at each loading zone to assist riders with any questions they might have about the shuttle arrangements and to keep the loading process organized and calm.
- Plan for traffic. The worst thing you can do is get people to the event late, said Leslie Wurzberger, vice president of event services for Anthony Travel. The best way to avoid this scenario is to plan to arrive at the event early in case unexpected traffic delays do occur.
- Even if you can only load two buses at a time at your loading zone, keep the back-up buses in sight so that riders know they will be boarding soon.
Check out the Full Article here and look for more tips about Sports Events and Sports Event Travel in the near future.
Remember, The BusBank has you covered rain or shine!